Privacy and Personal Data Protection Notice and Policy
Collection of Personal Information
1. “Personal Information” means information about you which you have provided to Gig2U, including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number, age, date of birth, NRIC, email address, and bank account information and any information which may identify you, that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by ABC from time to time.
2. In addition to the Personal Information you provide to Gig2U directly (i.e. when you subscribe to services of Gig2U, enrol as a User / Member of Gig2U and its services etc), Gig2U may also collect your Personal Information from a variety of sources, including without limitation at any events, organised or sponsored by Gig2U.
3. The provision of your Personal Information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Information, you may not be able to enjoy the services provided to registered Users / Members of Gig2U’s services and / or access certain sections or features of the application where log in is required.
4. If you would like to access, update or correct your personal information, you may at any time contact Gig2U at email@example.com Any request to access or correct personal information may be subject to a fee and will be bound by data protection laws in Malaysia.
Purposes of Processing
5. Your Personal Information may be processed by Gig2U for the purposes relating to the services provided by Gig2U to its registered Users / Members, which shall include, without limitation:-
a) To run and operate our application– in this regard, Gig2U would need to display basic information about your skills, experience and relevant background information on its application which is viewable by all registered Users / Members of the Gig2U application;
b) To improve customer service experience - Information you provide helps Gig2U to respond to your requests, comments, queries and support needs more efficiently.
c) To personalize user experience – Gig2U may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users / Members as a group use the services and resources provided on our application.
d) To improve the application- Gig2U may use feedback or comments that Users / Members provide to improve its products and services.
e) To process payments – Gig2U may use the information Users / Members provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. Gig2U do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
f) for internal administrative purposes.
g) to provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements, including disclosure to the Unclaimed Money Management Division of the Accountant General’s Department of Malaysia of your information as required pursuant to the Unclaimed Moneys Act 1965 and regulations in the event of any unclaimed monies on your part;
h) for Gig2U to comply with its obligations under law, including compliance with laws relating to evidence;
and you agree and consent to Gig2U using and processing your Personal Information in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
6. Gig2U may disclose your personal information to the following parties (including those overseas) for the purposes stated above:
7. Gig2U will not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties without your consent. However, Gig2U may disclose your personal information if required by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to comply with any law enforcement agency requirements, court orders or legal processes.
Changes to this Policy
9. Gig2U may review and change this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in the law, business practices, processes or structure. In the event of any changes, Gig2U will notify its registered Users / Members by way of instant messaging notification. In any event, the latest version of this Policy will always be available on Gig2U’s website and / or application.